As a Realtor, I walk through LOTS of houses (and sometimes too many houses. LOL). —But today was a special treat. 88 year old Freida Pettijohn gave Lynn & I a private tour of the James Whitcomb Riley Boyhood Home in Greenfield. (What fun she was! I tried to hire her away but she enjoys what she’s doing way too much!!) The home was built by his father over three years with lumber taken from his own property. We got to peek into the areas JWR wrote about and that the public doesn’t get to see. It was on the cool side to see hand hewn beams from 1850 still doing their job today. Take an hour someday soon and check out this local gem (open Tue-Sat from 11-4).
6 Things about the Local Market
- Listings have been flat this past 12 months.
- Sales are up 7% over the same period.
- Put those two facts together and you get a market with 23% less inventory per buyer.
- Yet there are 9,314 homes currently for sale.
- Prices are up 6% from a year ago.
- The median price now stands at $173,000.
Whether you’re buying or selling, let us turn those 6 Things to your advantage. …call me, “I work harder to make good things happen!” -Bob