The Metropolitan Board of Realtors (“MIBOR”) just released sales figures for the month of May. Here are the highlights:
- Sales were stronger earlier this spring buying season than last.
- And yet May closings were up 18% over April’s. (There’s no doubt it’s shaping up to be a strong year!)
- Sales for the past 12 months are up 7% over the previous 12 months period.
- Median sales price continued to increase, sitting at $168,000 for May.
- May sales brought 96.3% of their original asking price, meaning the average house listed at $100,000 actually sold for $96,300.
While supply is tight, there were 9,015 homes for sale at month’s end. 9,015. That’s a LOT of houses to choose from. Let me know how I can help you be a new home winner in this tight market environment. — call me, “I work harder to make good things happen!” -Bob