The local housing market showed signs of slowing in March. Numbers just released from MIBOR, the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors, showed:
- The number of new houses with for sale signs were 5% fewer than a year ago.
- Closed sales were down 4%.
- The median sales price has been increasing at a slower pace.
However, there are 6,212 homes currently available for sale and nearly 37,000 homes have sold in the past 12 months. Interested in talking more on what the market is showing, give us a call at 317 625 0655
MIBOR posted activity numbers today, showing the market slowed slightly in February. Here’s the scoop:
- New listings and closed sales were down 3% from last February
- Causing inventory to remain very tight
- Sellers got 95% of their original asking price
- Median sales price was up 4%, to $173,900
And bottom line, there are 6,447 homes on the market to pick from!
Every Realtor has their favorite lender. And I get that having a strong relationship with a lender makes a positive difference for a buyer. But… I was in the mortgage biz for 17 years and have a lil’ deeper insight into what makes a Loan Originator an “ok one” versus a “really awesome one”. And since buyers are in the process of making the biggest purchase of their life, being ok is just not good enough. Not for any client of mine anyway.
Here are 5 KEY Reasons why our recommended lenders will make a difference in your life!
- They’re really good at what they do. They’re experienced and they know their stuff! Which means they’ll help you pick the best loan product for your specific situation
- They’re solid people. They treat people right and the costs are always fair and straightforward
- They communicate – good or bad news. It makes no difference. They return phone calls / emails / text messages. They keep you in the loop
- They’re friendly. Getting a mortgage can sometimes feel like going to the dentist, so they’re perspective and sense of humor can keep your spirits up
- They go the extra mile. This past weekend showed up just one more example. Mike Wickham with Caliber Home Loans stayed til 7 on a Friday night to get a pre-qualification letter out so one of our clients could make a good offer. (Btw, they got the house! How cool was that?!) And Alan Pressley with Ruoff went into the office Saturday afternoon to help another of our clients get in position to win a bid. I think when the dust settles, we’ll have won that one too!
There are 5 key reasons why our lenders can help you win over other bidders. After all, it doesn’t do you any good to find THE right house if a lender is going to drop the ball on you, now does it? To learn how you can get the house you really want, contact our recommended lenders and you’ll go to the front of the line!