- Sales slowing slightly (down 3%)
- Causing inventory to increase (5,431 homes now available to choose from)
- Days on market (avg 36) same as a year ago
- Discount from asking price hanging at 2%
- Prices still ramping up (6% from a year ago)
Want to get the best deal in this market, call Indy’s Choice at (317) 625-0655
The local housing market showed signs of slowing in March. Numbers just released from MIBOR, the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors, showed:
- The number of new houses with for sale signs were 5% fewer than a year ago.
- Closed sales were down 4%.
- The median sales price has been increasing at a slower pace.
However, there are 6,212 homes currently available for sale and nearly 37,000 homes have sold in the past 12 months. Interested in talking more on what the market is showing, give us a call at 317 625 0655
MIBOR posted activity numbers today, showing the market slowed slightly in February. Here’s the scoop:
- New listings and closed sales were down 3% from last February
- Causing inventory to remain very tight
- Sellers got 95% of their original asking price
- Median sales price was up 4%, to $173,900
And bottom line, there are 6,447 homes on the market to pick from!