The Real Estate Market in Indiana is continuing to show increases week after week in home showings.
Now that’s a trend we can shout from the rooftops!!
Buyers are placing much more weight to the curb appeal and saving in-person tour to only their top choices. Below are 6 Curb Appeal Tricks to attract Buyers during the coronavirus.
- Keep the yard green and pristine
- Mind your driveway and walkway
- Flaunt your nighttime appeal
- Don’t forget the garage
- Replace outdoor accents and give your landscaping some love
- Give your front door a face-lift
Need an expert opinion, give me a call at (317) 625-0655! Happy to chat further on what I see in today’s market.
I wanted to share this that I received from one of our trusted partners, Mike Wickham at Caliber Home Loans, just in case it could be applicable to you. The CARES Act gives a couple of 401k options that borrowers may be able to use.
Borrowers can now take out of their 401k and have three years to put it back in; or, you can take it out early without the 10% penalty, and then you can spread the “income” over multiple years.
We see this as being helpful in a couple of ways:
- If someone with a 401k has a house to sell and they don’t want to sell before buying. Instead of coming up with the 3-5% (or in addition to), they can take it out of their 401k and then reimburse themselves once their home sells. This was true before, but most of the programs only allowed 60 days or so to do it. This gives the borrower more flexibility
- Or, if they’re planning to take out of their 401k for their down-payment, they can do it without the 10% penalty
If this is something that you would like to explore, give me a call at (317) 625-0655 and I can help sort through your options.
For the Full Article, Click Here
March 2020 was definitely a unique month for the housing market. While the early part of the month was strong, the “stay at home” executive order was implemented in the latter part of the month.
Like others, I have been working differently to provide new home buying and selling experiences for my clients. I have conducted more virtual showings this month than I had in my entire 30+ year career. Who would have predicted that?? So if you have been eyeing a listing (CLICK HERE for new listings), give me a call or text at (317) 325-0655. I would be happy to walk it with you in real-time.
Now for the data…Across 16 central Indiana counties, the Housing Data released by the MIBOR BLC® comparing March 2019 to March 2020 shows:
• An increase in Median Sales Price of 14.8 percent to $209,000
• An increase in Closed Sales of 5.8 percent to 2,903
• New Listings increased 1.5 percent to 3,636