In today’s market, the answer is an unqualified “YES!”.
However, summer months are no longer the peak. It’s tax season! Yes, April 15th is about when buyers overwhelm the available inventory. The best reason we could come up with for the earlier timing of throngs of buyers hitting the market is the change in the school calendar. With a shorter number of days for families to take vacations and the earlier school start dates, many people are wanting to get the house sold / purchase/move done before summertime. That means the housing cycle has moved forward with the cycle peaking in April, it means that the prime time to get your house on the market is the winter. And this means January. Looking back, we even worked last New Year’s Day and it set the tone for all of January and February.
So, if you’re thinking about making a move in 2019, it’s a great time to get ready to put your house on the market come first of the year. Not convinced??? Maybe the other reasons below will help…
- We are in a Seller’s market
- Mortgage rates, despite recent upticks, are still low by historical standards
- And with the Fed talking about more rate hikes, many buyers are wanting to purchase before rates go higher
- Inventory is low with less than a 3 months’ supply. 5 or 6 would be a healthy number. So, basic supply and demand makes this a good time to sell
- Serious buyers are always on the prowl
- Buyers hear that home prices have been going up. That fuels consumer confidence and also makes them want to get on the bandwagon before prices go any higher
- Deals turn quicker in the winter months
- And, yes, the peak buying season starts on New Year’s Day
The 3 KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL SELLING are price, condition, and marketing. We’ll save our thoughts on that for another day. But if you want to get a jump on the competition, give Dave or Bob a call today— and let’s get you ready for a successful house sale this Winter or early Spring.
P.S. Overwhelmed with getting your house on the market?? Check out our FB post on the Top Home Décor Trends for this Fall [Link]